H. "Rooty Tooty" (Pickles, 2011)

Monday, January 31, 2011

Feb, 2011

Can you believe that the first month of 2011 is already over!! It seems that the month has come and gone in a flash as many of us have struggled with multiple weekly snowfall events. I seem to have spent the last few weeks reworking my daily schedule as I tried to dodge the icy road conditions. If you did not attend the MWS this year at the Hotel Preston in Nashville, you missed a golden opportunity to renew friendships and make new friends as well. I overheard several people say that they thought it was the best MWS in several years. Everyone seems to be getting accustomed to the new location; and the convenient proximity of the meeting rooms was especially appreciated during the cold temperatures. The speakers were varied in their topics and all were interesting. The auction on Saturday night was especially fun with auctioneers David Kirchhoff, Janene Tidwell (aka “ Paula Deen”), and Paul Owen keeping the pace fast and furious. I must admit that Paul Own had the pace so fast, that several times I jumped in quickly just to keep from losing the opportunity to bid completely. The saying ‘you snooze, you lose’ was certainly true during the auction this year. And of course, best of all, the proceeds of the auction will be used to fund the regional newsletter. One exciting feature of the MWS this year was the roll-out of a new area of the AHS website for AHS members only. I have agreed to serve as the Region 10 Group Leader and am still learning exactly what I can and cannot do. But overall, it promises to facilitate better communication and relationships between members in our region. Parts of it remind me of a version of Facebook for AHS folks only !!!! Look for more news about this change in future blogs. Region 10 clubs are gearing up for the busy spring months. One club that I did hear from last week was the BGHS. Elizabeth Trotter contacted me with the following information:


“The Blue Grass Hemerocallis Society will host Dan Hansen of Ladybug Daylilies on Monday, February 14, 7:00 p.m. at our new meeting place, the Fayette County Extension Office in Lexington, KY. Visitors are welcome. For more information, go to www.daylilyfans.com/bghs or email me at daylilygirl@shelbybb.net (note my new email address)”.

This meeting sounds like a real treat. If you are in the area, I am sure they would love to have you visit. That’s about all for now – please remember, if your club has events that it wants publicized, just send me an e-mail and I will do what I can to let others know.

No comments:

Post a Comment